Friday, March 28, 2014

An Introduction

As you can see, the title of this blog is meant to poke fun at the art-school hipster saying "You've probably never heard of it".

With that in mind, this blog will focus on lots of indie music, and music from many obscure artists and bands, but the last thing I want anyone thinking is that I'm some kind of pretentious hipster pretending to be a music connoisseur. I may use big words, but I take care to only use them for the sake of brevity and the maximum expression of my messages, and not to appear more sophisticated than I am.

But whether you are Mozart reincarnate or a "whatever's on the radio" listener, it seems that we all enjoy discussing music, and that is the purpose of this blog.

For many, music is entertainment, but for me it's more of a time machine. When I listen to music from other eras, I try my hardest to glean the character of the decade and generation it was released to by just listening to the music.

From the grainy analog drone of MTV in the 90's, to the boxy, pastel coloured synthesized 80's, to the disco pulse of the 70's, to the drugged up, revolutionary experimental and big time rock music archetypes of the 60's, and beyond, the popular music of a decade can sum up the sentiment and the dominant feelings of the time, with music to represent nearly every social group that existed.

Here I will share my thoughts and opinions of various albums, artists, and musical subjects, hopefully without the pompousness of many a musical pundit.

Welcome to my music blog, and I hope that my writings will be interesting and thought-provoking for you to read.

,Chet

No comments:

Post a Comment